- Experience all things with the enthusiasm of a child, as if you were seeing it for the first time.
- Right at this moment, as you are reading this book, become very aware of your body. Take an inventory. You may notice that you are hunched over a little. Maybe you are squinting because of the light. Get in touch with your body right now, exactly as it is. Notice what happens when you shift position. It is simple; you just need to remember.
- Feel your stomach and the sensations it feels. Then decide whether you need to eat more. Eat mindfully, even when you are in the thrall of a desire that forces you to pursue a satisfaction that food cannot give you. The practice of mindfulness weakens desire.
- At every moment, you have the opportunity to change - to alter your thoughts, your speech, your actions.
- If we want people to be happier, we really have to know what conditions generate happiness and how to cultivate them.
- Want to earn a living mindfully.
- Be wise, disciplined, and non-violent and you will find peace.
*The female voice meditations are presented by the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. The 10- and 20-minute male voice meditations are presented by the UCSD Center for Mindfulness. The 5-minute male voice meditation is care of mindfulnessforteens. The body scan meditations are also from UCSD Center for Mindfulness.