- Getting what you want does not always mean hard work and struggle. Often, it's when you relax and stop resisting that what you want can't resist you.
- To be uncertain is to be uncomfortable but to be certain is to be ridiculous.
- Make each activity of your day meditation.
- In its original Greek translation, enthusiasm meant possession by or union with a god. In the grip of enthusiasm, anything was possible. Next time you feel enthusiastic, tap into this feeling. Use it as a source of energy. This fuel can take you farther than you've ever imagined.
- Koan: Whose song do you sing?
- Because all sentient beings are very precious for me, I must cherish them and hold them dear. (Geshe Kelsang Gyatso)
- Develop healing attention, letting the places that need healing reveal themselves. Bring careful, kind attention to these painful places, feeling them fully and holding the painful part with lovingkindness and soothing attention.
*The female voice meditations are presented by the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. The 10- and 20-minute male voice meditations are presented by the UCSD Center for Mindfulness. The 5-minute male voice meditation is care of mindfulnessforteens. The body scan meditations are also from UCSD Center for Mindfulness.