- Each moment that we live without clinging or aversion, we live in freedom.
- But when driven to make an impulse buy, look at what's driving the impulse. If desire, greed, and discontent are the cause, that's a signal to head home. We won't find what we are looking for at the mall.
- Visualize a deity's image in your mind's eye.
- Awareness requires only that we pay attention and see things as they are. It doesn't require that we change anything.
- Philosophy is powerless to answer the question, Why is there something rather than nothing? This is the mystery of being, self-evident but inexplicable. It's the enigma we can never confront, because it's forever our dwelling-place, and we
- Recall a time when you successfully completed a performance. Take some time to remember it vividly and with as much sensory detail as possible. When you are fully immersed in the memory and your positive feelings reach their peak, select a physical gesture that underscores these feelings. Gradually, let go of the memory. Open your eyes. Practice this before a similar performance and use your physical gesture to reinforce it.
- The realization of peace rests upon each of us learning to speak with wisdom.
*The female voice meditations are presented by the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. The 10- and 20-minute male voice meditations are presented by the UCSD Center for Mindfulness. The 5-minute male voice meditation is care of mindfulnessforteens. The body scan meditations are also from UCSD Center for Mindfulness.