- learning how to stop rushing
- covered-dish suppers
- damp mimeographed sheets
- railroading relics
- Lexington, Massachusetts
- the difference between true north and magnetic north
- Grand Illumination at Christmas
- eyeglasses on the bedside table
- feeling 'ablaze', radiant with light or emotion
- climbers with rucksacks
- a retractable foot rest
- traveling the Freedom Trail to visit the landmarks of the American Revolution
- a spot designed for complete relaxation
- old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. It's all about paying attention and appreciating everything.
buy the book!