- starter cages for greyhounds
- how failure is more interesting than success
- a good climbing tree
- your old camp blanket
- the melodious flow of sailboats on the cobalt horizon
- the feeling when you get a hard math problem correct
- notebooks of odd facts and trivial matters
- giving away the things you are most attached to
- immersion cup heaters
- the nexus point at which ancient and modern intersect
- reading all night
- the pictures in LIFE and National Geographic
- finding work you love
- when a class is canceled and you have more free time
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. It's all about paying attention and appreciating everything.
buy the book!