- the funny look of someone applying mascara
- driving through your old neighborhood and stopping to see the house you grew up in
- football players who don't spike the ball
- watching Ed Sullivan again
- apple and ginger chutney
- orange and cranberry compote
- troglobites, troglophiles, and trogloxenes
- waking up before your alarm clock and realizing you have lots of sleep time left
- trying skydiving
- reindeer safaris
- an ambient device
- finding your true center, alone
- people who don't use words like "dysfunctional" and "agenda"
- peppermint-stick ice cream pie
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. It's all about paying attention and appreciating everything.