- a substance may absorb heat without an increase in temperature by changing from one physical state/phase to another
- heat is a form of energy while temperature is a measure of the amount of that energy present in a body
- if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
- wearing a wool fisherman's cardigan instead of turning up the heat
- a space heater in the garage for winter projects
- being aware of all the heat your body generates - thinking of your essence as a flame
- Write while the heat is in you...The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with. He cannot inflame the minds of his audience. (HD Thoreau)
See another random category!