- ranch farming originated in livestock farming techniques of Europe being introduced to the vast open grasslands of the New World
- the cowboy as a rancher on horseback, moving camp to camp, grazing cattle on unfenced public ranges
- summer on a dude ranch in Wyoming or New Mexico
- the 1880s, when millions of cattle grazed the pastoral empire of the plains
- I will continue wearing the white hat and black mask until I ride up into the big ranch in the sky. (C. Moore)
- the King Ranch in Southeast Texas with 825,000 acres - the model for Edna Ferber's novel Giant
- ranching and the cowboy tradition originated in Spain out of the necessity to handle large herds of grazing animals on dry land by horseback
See another random category!