Category: dancing and dancers...
- being a caller at a square dance
- the Viennese waltz, maypole dancing, the Charleston, the L.A. hustle, clog dancing, ballroom dancing, belly dancing
- witnessing the mating dance of Japanese cranes
- dancing to a different drummer
- yogic trance dance
- dancing in the summer rain
- the movement of the body in a rhythmic way for the purpose of expressing an idea or emotion, releasing energy, or simply taking delight in the movement itself
- festive folk dances
- dance producing a state of mind and body that is very different from everyday experience, requiring unaccustomed patterns of muscular exertion and relaxation as well as an unusually intense or sustained expenditure of energy
- Dance is bigger than the physical body. When you extend your arm, it doesn't stop at the end of your fingers, because you're dancing bigger than that; you're dancing spirit. (Judith Jamison)
- The dance can reveal everything mysterious that is hidden in music, and it has the additional merit of being human and palpable. Dancing is poetry with the arms and legs. (C. Baudelaire)
- the first true American dance style, probably clog dancing; black vaudevillians developed clog dancing into tap dancing
- Caribbean limbo dancers can pass underneath bars as low as six inches off the ground.
See another random category!