- Fruits eaten as vegetables include tomato, pepper, eggplant, and pumpkin.
- Frozen vegetables are just as good for you as fresh vegetables.
- some vegetables have been so changed by cultivation that their wild ancestors cannot be positively identified: cucumber, sweet corn, potato, and onion, for example
- vegetables are usually classified on the basis of the part of the plant that is used for food (root, stem, tuber, leaf/leafstalk, bulb, head flower)
- the fruits commonly considered vegetables by virtue of their use include beans, cucumbers, eggplant, okra, sweet corn, melons, peppers, and tomatoes
- most fresh vegetables have a water content of 70%+
- filling your plates with more vegetables and less meat
- Better is a dinner of vegetables where love is than a fatted ox and hatred with it. (Bible, Proverbs)
- A vegetable garden in the beginning looks so promising and then after all little by little it grows nothing but vegetables, nothing, nothing but vegetables. (Gertrude Stein)
- Vegetables are organized bodies that grow on the dry areas of the globe and within its waters. Their function is to combine immediately the four elements and to serve as food for animals. Nature uses both kingdoms to form all existing combustible mat. (A. Lavoisier)
See another random category!