Category: parks and playgrounds...
- the earliest parks were those of the Persian kings who dedicated many square miles to hunting
- an area devoted simply to green landscape, a salubrious and healthful breathing space - walking and taking the air in agreeable and natural surroundings reminiscent of unspoiled country
- camping trips through the national parks
- a tour of Central Park, New York City
- concerts in the park
- designing and helping to build a children's playground
- hiking through a city, state, or national park for meditation
- a Spanish family enjoying an outing in a shaded bosque near a cool fountain
- on an evening in Venice, a procession with banners and torches sweeping into a piazza
- Stockholm residents cultivating vegetables in allotment gardens leased to them by the park department
- a planned, enclosed space with play equipment that encourages
- the children's motor development
- American children's play movement began in Boston in 1885 with the development of children's sand gardens modeled on German designs
- Appreciation, gratitude, affection-these are the qualities Parisians bestow on their parks. Beauty, serenity, tranquillity, majesty-these are the rewards they reap in return. (Dennis Landt)
See another random category!