Category: Ancient Greece...
- Greece has rain only in the winter
- the early city-states competed for the land, because there was little fertile soil
- Greek civilization reached its peak in Athens in the 5th century BC
- the Cretan Palace and Minoan civilization, fall of Knossos and the Mycenaean civilization, the foundation of Sparta, the Homeric poems, first Olympic Games, Persian invasions, start of democracy, age of Pericles, rise of Macedon, and Alexander the Great
- the Mask of Agamemnon, the Parthenon, the Acropolis, Temple of Apollo, Sanctuary of Athena
- Doric, Ionic, Corinthian Columns and capitals
- olive groves, theaters, citadels, amphora, pelike, hydria, calyx-krater, volute-krater, bell-krater, dinos, oinochoe, olpe, kylix, skyphos, kantharos, rhyton, pyxis, lekthyos, alabastron
- the ancient Greek civilization is considered as running from the end of the Mycenaean civilization 1200 BC to the death of Alexander the Great in 323 BC
- Classical Greek culture had a powerful influence on the Roman Empire and Greece provided the foundation of Western civilization
- mathematics, geometry, astronomy, early medicine
See another random category!