Category: cattle and cows...
- keeping a cow
- taking part in a cattle drive
- the saying "You do not need to buy a cow just because you like milk."
- in cattle, the male is first a bull calf and then a bull, unless castrated - then it is a steer and later an ox; the female is first a heifer calf, then a heifer and, later, a cow
- a milking cow requires a diet of 50-80 percent cereals (wheat, corn, barley, sorghum, oats)
- We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. (General George S. Patton)
- He who steals chickens as a child will steal cattle as an adult. (Chinese proverb)
- Indeed the life of cattle, like that of many men, is but a sort of locomotiveness; they move a side at a time, and man, by his machinery, is meeting the horse and the ox halfway. (HD Thoreau)
- The cow is of the bovine ilk. One end is moo, the other milk. (Ogden Nash)
- We milk the cow of the world. (R. Wilbur)
- cattle are considered by some as the oldest form of wealth and also the earliest form of theft
- Gary Larson's "Far Side" cows
- dairy cows drinking 25-50 gallons of water each day
See another random category!