Category: Atlantic Ocean...
- be part of a crew on a sailboat crossing the Atlantic
- Have you ever watched a crab on the shore crawling backward in search of the Atlantic Ocean, and missing? That's the way the mind of man operates. (HL Mencken)
- the Titanic, 2 1/2 miles below the surface of the North Atlantic
- the ocean's name is derived from Greek mythology Sea of Atlas and it covers about one-fifth of the Earth's surface
- Iceland, the Azores, Ascension, and Saint Helena are volcanic islands rising from the mid-Atlantic Ridge
- the Caribbean Islands and South Sandwich Islands forming great unstable island arcs where the greatest depths of the Atlantic are found
- the Mediterranean communicating with the Atlantic Ocean only through the Strait of Gibraltar
- the youngest of the oceans, its origin and development accounted for by continental drift and plate tectonics
- the surface waters of the North Atlantic having a higher salinity than that of any other ocean
- the ocean grows wider at a rate of about 1.5 inches a year
- the second largest ocean covers one-fifth of the Earth's surface; Iceland and Greenland are the largest islands
See another random category!