- for many prehistoric tribes, the traditional test of manhood was the lifting of a special rock (manhood stones)
- Atlas in Greek mythology is the best known mythical weight lifter
- weightlifting with your spouse
- effective weight training programs can be 2-3 times a week for 20 minutes for children, adolescents, and senior citizens
- fewer repetitions are most effective for developing fast-twitch fibers which have the greatest capacity for generating bursts of strength or power - more repetitions produce strength and size gains and maximum repetitions develop muscle volume
- results from hard work and lifting heavier weights
- To build muscle, you need to use more resistance than your muscles are used to. This is important because the more you do, the more your body is capable of doing, so you should increase your workload to avoid plateaus. In plain language, this means you should be lifting enough weight that you can ONLY complete the desired number of reps.
« Back to the list of categories