- going to a movie all by yourself on a weekday afternoon
- Monday is named for the Moon
- Tuesday comes from Tiu, or Tiw, the Anglo-Saxon name for Tyr, the Norse god of war.
- Tyr was one of the sons of Odin, or Woden, the supreme deity after whom Wednesday was named.
- Thursday originates from Thor's-day, named in honour of Thor, the god of thunder.
- Friday was derived from Frigg's-day, Frigg, the wife of Odin, representing love and beauty, in Norse mythology.
- Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace, Wednesday's child is full of woe, Thursday's child has far to go, Friday's child is loving and giving
« Back to the list of categories