- volleyball was designed (1895) as an indoor sport for businessmen who found the new game of basketball too vigorous - and it was first called mintonette
- a team is allowed only three touches of the ball before it must be returned over the net
- beach volleyball is two players per team and was introduced in California in 1930
- the odd fascination with beach volleyball in the Olympics
- volleyball, invented in 1895, was first called mintonette and shortly thereafter became volley ball
- mastering the six basic volleyball skills: serve, pass, set, attack, block and dig
- There are 5 positions filled on every volleyball team at the elite level. Setter, Outside Hitter/Left Side Hitter, Middle Hitter, Opposite Hitter/Right Side Hitter and Libero/Defensive Specialist.
« Back to the list of categories