- Incisors cut and slice, canines grip and tear, molars crush and chew.
- Teeth decay more easily before 25; mature enamel is more resistant.
- the teeth of vertebrates are modified descendants of bony dermal/skin plates of ancestral fishes
- the permanent molars have no deciduous predecessors
- keeping your own teeth till you die
- chewing well to strengthen your teeth and gums
- brushing your teeth mindfully, not on auto-pilot
- other than the common cold, tooth decay is perhaps the most frequent disease of contemporary society
- It's the dogs that bite that do not show their teeth. (Chinese proverb)
- Eat coconuts while you have teeth. (Singhalese proverb)
- I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth. (J. Swift)
« Back to the list of categories