- Seeing the world as a dream. Enjoying it, its newness, its surprises.
- buying surprise books for people
- surprise-generating mechanisms: paradox/self-reference, instability, uncomputability, connectivity, and emergence
- Surprise, the stuff that news is made of. (W.E. Giles)
- The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us. (A. Montague)
- Try to cook so that it will surprise a little, agreeably and astonish slightly, without shocking. (J.M. Amat)
- What would happen if we started to expect surprise?
« Back to the list of categories