- win the barrel race at the women's rodeo
- rodeo is a sport derived from riding and roping by cowboys during the era of the range cattle industry (1867-1887)
- calf roping, bull riding, steer wrestling/bulldogging saddle bronc-riding, and bareback bronc-riding - also single-steer roping and team roping
- Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment. (H.H. Brown on rodeos)
- Rodeos had their origin in the United States when cowboys would gather together in the cowtowns at the end of cattle-driving trails and vie for the unofficial title of best bucking-horse rider, roper, and so on.
- the traditional peak time for the largest number of rodeos is the July 4th weekend
- the term rodeo was first used in English approximately 1834 to refer to a cattle round-up
« Back to the list of categories