- namaste meaning "I recognize the light in you" or "I honor the divinity in you" and indicating respect and humility
- comity, a state or atmosphere of harmony or mutual civility and respect
- showing respect for others' time
- tipping one's hat to show respect or admiration
- doing what you want to do and being who you want to be, which is showing self-respect
- You should respect each other and refrain from disputes; you should not, like water and oil, repel each other, but should, like milk and water, mingle together. (Buddha)
- researching the creative process of an artist you admire and respect
- lasting happiness comes from deep respect for all beings and all life
- partake in the tea ceremony, which symbolizes respect for others, harmony, sincerity, and tranquility of the soul
- respect what your body naturally craves with the assumption that it knows what it needs best
- Without awareness and respect, we simply repeat what was done to us, acting in ways conditioned by our own upbringing. Without respect, we will continue the cycles of wounding, shame, unworthiness, stress that existed in our past.
- it is better to bind your children to you by a feeling of respect and gentleness, than by fear
- Aretha Franklin's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"
- Show your respect for the environment, and for the area where you live, by campaigning against the littering of outdoor space. Organize a neighborhood "litter-pick" to wipe the slate clean, then decide as a community to adopt a policy of no-tolerance toward litter, by picking it up anywhere you see it. Demonstrate your own commitment daily.
- Respect is love in plain clothes. (Frankie Byrne)
« Back to the list of categories