- air-breathing vertebrates that have internal fertilization and scaly bodies, an intermediate between amphibians and the birds and mammals
- extinct reptiles include the dinosaurs, pterosaurs, and ichthyosaurs
- most snakes move by pushing backward against a solid object
- reptiles having color vision, like man, birds, fish
- the green turtle is the most widely eaten species of reptile; among lizards, iguanas are probably the most popular food
- The kiss originated when the first male reptile licked the first female reptile, implying in a subtle, complimentary way that she was as succulent as the small reptile he had for dinner the night before. (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind. (William Blake)
- If a boa constrictor eats a really large animal, like a leopard, it probably won't eat anything else for a year.
- A snake follows a snake charmer's movements, not the music.
- the great names calipash and calipee -- the meat attached to the upper and lower shells of a turtle
« Back to the list of categories