- a gentler, slower pace lending perspective
- The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have. (Norman Vincent Peale)
- broadening your perspective beyond the shores of the United States
- Zen bringing perspective to your life by illuminating your ability to pay attention to everything with equal fervor
- being willing to see things from someone else's perspective
- the tragic or the humorous is a matter of perspective
- A Zen-like concept is to walk a mile in another person's shoes. Whenever you catch yourself making "us and them" distinctions, spend a moment "being" the other person. Find yourself in him or her. It may change your perspective and help you find tolerance, even compassion, toward someone you didn't understand.
- the perspective of reading "Today in History" snippets
- magnifying details to gain perspective
- standing outside yourself and getting some perspective
- wanting to gain some perspective on your life, finding answers to unsolved dilemmas, and contemplating future directions
- the different perspective of underwater
- the right combination of perspective and possibility
- looking at the stars to put things in perspective
- Seeing the bigger picture visualization: Take a few moments to stop and be aware of yourself, then become aware of everything else around you. As you do this, let your awareness expand so that you can feel everything happening within a couple of miles around you. Try to see everything. Wherever you are, let your mind take it all in. Gradually expand the picture that you see in your mind's eye so that you can take in the whole country. Let your awareness then expand further, until you take in the Earth as a planet moving through space. Be aware that you are there but that you are so small you are invisible. Whatever has been worrying you should now feel really small in comparison to this view. Try to keep that perspective as you zero back in on yourself. Tell yourself that this situation is really very small and that you will be able to handle it.
- When you touch base in any moment with that part of your mind that is calm and stable, your perspective immediately changes. You can see things more clearly and act from inner balance.
- sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to
- After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn't it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked - as I am surprisingly often - why I bother to get up in the mornings. (Richard Dawkins)
« Back to the list of categories