- military cadence calls
- fitting into your old military uniform to march in the Memorial Day parade
- a military chess game played out over the centuries
- military salutes
- the great military roads of The Romans
- the critical relationship has existed between military technology, the tactics of its employment, and the psychological factors that bind its users into units
- The boundaries of a military ecosphere might be physical barriers, such as oceans or mountain ranges; they might also be changes in the military topography, that combination of terrain, vegetation, and man-made features that could render a particular technology or tactic effective or ineffective.
- the technology of war, with few exceptions, advanced first and fastest in Europe
- Military engineering is the oldest of the engineering skills and was the precursor of the profession of civil engineering.
- the hill forts constructed in Europe during the late Iron Age, and later in the massive fortresses built by the Persians and the pontoon bridge built by the engineers of the Persian king Xerxes across the Hellespont
- the greatest ancient defensive work ever built is the Great Wall of China, which was begun in the 3rd century BC to defend China's northern frontier from its barbarian neighbors
- A true military officer is in one particular like a true monk. Not with more self-abnegation will the latter keep his vows of monastic obedience than the former his vows of allegiance to martial duty. (H. Melville)
- War is too important a matter to be left to the military. (G. Clemenceau)
« Back to the list of categories