- asyndeton - the omission of the conjunctions that normally join coordinate words or clauses as in the phrase "I came, I saw, I conquered"
- although and though being interchangeable as conjunctions
- besides being a conjunction or adverb (beside is a preposition)
- coordinating conjunctions that connect similar elements, e.g. you and I
- correlative conjunctions elated parts, e.g. either/or, neither/nor, both/and
- conjunctions being function words
- subordinating conjunctions that begin subordinate clauses and join them to the rest of the sentence, e.g. "She didn't learn the real reason until she left the job."
« Back to the list of categories