- congratulating yourself every time you successfully reduce your anger and control your reactions
- picking out one thing you did well for the day and congratulating yourself
- sending congratulatory notes to others
- congratulation coming from Latin congratulationem, from congratulari "wish joy," "together express joy"
- Self-blame usually has an undertone of self-congratulation. (M. Cooley)
- All nature is your congratulation, and you have cause momentarily to bless yourself. (HD Thoreau)
- congratulate is a term based on the meaning of rejoicing along with another (con- "with" and gratulari "manifest one's joy")
- Well done!
« Back to the list of categories