Category: clothing ...
- the steps for tying a sari, which is between 15-30 feet long
- the Egyptians believed the gods were clothed in linen before they came to earth
- scholars believe the first crude garments were not utilitarian but designed for religious and ritual purposes
- why does fashion, as opposed to mere dress, exist?
- in many societies, only after an individual has reached a certain age or satisfied some other requirements is he allowed to wear certain colors or decorations
- designing and sewing your own clothes, of no-iron cloth
- giving away all your clothes and starting over!
- keeping clothes long enough for them to come back into fashion
- colorful workout clothes and stylish pajamas
- wearing only clothes that you love
- As for clothing, to come at once to the practical part of the question, perhaps we are led oftener by the love of novelty and a regard for the opinions of men, in procuring it, than by true utility. (HD Thoreau)
- Just as Buddhas are covered with gold, so people want fine clothing. (Chinese proverb)
« Back to the list of categories