- seeing the sun rise at Pitt Island in New Zealand, in the first inhabited place for dawn each day (except for Antarctica)
- a really fresh start on New Year's Day
- starting a garden from scratch: designing it, tilling the soil, planting the seeds, watering, weeding
- being the one to start a standing ovation
- finding the beginning of your path
- A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. (Lao Tzu)
- charity and education begin at home
- There will never be a better time to begin than right now. Begin where you are.
- Start over every morning.
- Begin each meal by giving thanks, even silently.
- Begin each day with a smile and say, I am awake and grateful to be alive.
- There is no beginning too small. (HD Thoreau)
- In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities. Be willing to see everything as if for the first time.
- Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. (T.I. Rubin)
- Begin each activity with a gentle calm inhalation and exhalation.
- An ending is a beginning in disguise.
- The entire art of meditation is knowing how to begin again.
- Being first is forever; you can only be first once.
« Back to the list of categories