- adulthood is commonly thought of as beginning at age 20/21; middle age commences at about 40 and old age at about 60
- adults asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up, because they are looking for ideas
- Society should see the need for education of every age, including adults.
- Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement, and mystery of the world we live in. (Rachel Carson)
- Study is the bane of childhood, the oil of youth, the indulgence of adulthood, and a restorative in old age. (W.S. Landor)
- Historically, adulthood began with puberty. Now there is biological adulthood and social adulthood.
- A new period of life is emerging in which young people are no longer adolescents but not yet adults.
- an adult-sized tree house
- a child's access to interesting adult conversations
- We all start adult life with an eagle and a dove inside us. The eagle is strong and decisive; the dove is peaceful and nurturing. As we grow in maturity, the two birds coalesce into one. We can act decisively with kindness, we can show strength and gentleness simultaneously. Keep your eagle compassionate and your dove fearless.
« Back to the list of categories