- the Hopewell and Adena mound builders and the Great Serpent Mound
- Ohio, the birthplace or residence of eight presidents (Harrison, Grant, Hayes, Garfield, Harrison, McKinley, Taft, Harding).
- Ohio was the first state to be carved out of the Northwest Territory and it is one of the smallest states west of the Appalachians
- Ohio takes it name from the river, an Iroquoian word meaning "great water"
- The climate of Ohio is perfect... A climate which permits labor out-of-doors every month in the year and which requires industry to secure comfort - is the very climate which secures the highest civilization. (R.B. Hayes)
- Poor Warren. He wasn't a bad egg. Just weak. He loved women and Ohio. (J. Ashbery)
- Too hot to go to Church? What about Hell? (poster in Dayton, Ohio)
- Ohio is the flat place between Hoboken and Malibu. (J. Fleischman)
« Back to the list of categories