- hanging a lamp over the center of the dining room table
- having an intimate talk with your mother
- trying to order an unpronounceable dish at an ethnic restaurant
- the first bite of a piece of gum
- small windfall apples
- French hand-painted ink pots
- stepped serpentine alleyways
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. Without plot or rhyme, explanation or footnote, these entries conjure up the rich evocative effect of an epic poem, proving that the little things are what make life worth living. The new edition is here, with 4,000 new entries and many revisions.