- scoops of sorbet
- a rasher of bacon and a few sausages
- the study of the most general and abstract features of the world and categories with which we think: mind, matter, reason, proof, truth, etc.
- wearing not-very-sensible shoes
- Bic pens
- the snowshoe hare turning white
- cruising the Greek islands
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. Without plot or rhyme, explanation or footnote, these entries conjure up the rich evocative effect of an epic poem, proving that the little things are what make life worth living. The 25th anniversary edition has 4,000 new entries and many revisions.