- watching a good Jets game on a cold Sunday afternoon
- tricking out your pickup truck
- Sheaffer's peacock-blue ink
- churros from a warehouse store
- a good kindergarten nap
- weekend brunches
- jogging at midnight and swimming at dawn
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. Without plot or rhyme, explanation or footnote, these entries conjure up the rich evocative effect of an epic poem, proving that the little things are what make life worth living. The new edition is here, with 4,000 new entries and many revisions.