- a beguiling mix of Eastern aesthetic and Western cool
- lighting a wedding candle
- citing specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text
- sitting on a patio on a golden fall evening, sipping a local cabernet sauvignon
- wondering out loud about the things that happen in this life
- political reporting
- when you find the spot on the dog that makes its leg go crazy
14,000 things to be happy about is a bestseller with over 1.25 million copies in print, celebrating all the little things in life. Without plot or rhyme, explanation or footnote, these entries conjure up the rich evocative effect of an epic poem, proving that the little things are what make life worth living. The new edition is here, with 4,000 new entries and many revisions.